West University of Timisoara, Romania
Dr Jeswal (Terrorism & Intelligence Analyst, Operational Psychologist and Clinical Hypnotherapist, GHR. UK) will be delivering lectures covering the following topics:
4 May, 1000 - A01 Amphitheatre
Prevention and Neutralization. Response Mechanisms against Terrorism * please note that this is invitation only
5 May, 1000 - Aula Magna
An Epidemic of Radicalization Extremism Recruitment: An Existential Danger to European Civilization
5 May, 1700 - Headquarters of the Romanian Academy
Fear-based Societies, Epigenetic Modifications and Collective Consciousness
Click here for more information
It will comprise two events designed around the common goal of promoting child-friendly juvenile systems which are based on international standards and norms in the Asia-Pacific Region.
• The first part of the meeting is a practice focused event organised as a professional development training from May 5 to May 7.
• The second part is a policy oriented event on May 8 that will focus on developing common strategies and sustainable collaboration among APCJJ participants and members.
Organised jointly by the IJJO, the Thai Department for Juvenile Observation and Protection of the Thai Ministry of Justice, and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the Second Meeting of the APCJJ aims to support countries of the Asia-Pacific Region in their efforts to ensure the protection and promotion of the rights of children who are in conflict with the law.
• Strategies and measures aimed at preventing and responding to violence against children who are in conflict with the law.
• Diversion and alternative measures for children in conflict with the law.
• Restorative justice for children.
Register for the meeting
The 2nd Meeting of the APCJJ is free of charge. It will be held in English and Thai, simultaneous translation will be provided. If you would like to register, please send us an email explaining why you wish to attend, along with your CV, to: email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted individually.
Call for papers
The main themes of the meeting are represented in the four options given for proposals:
• Prevention and Responses to Violence against Children in Conflict with the Law.
• Diversion and Alternative Measures for Children in Conflict with the Law.
• Restorative Justice for Children from Theory to Practice in the Asia-Pacific Region.
• Guidelines for Cross-border Treatment of Children in Conflict with the Law.
For any additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please email email@example.com
Renaissance Austin Hotel - Austin, Texas USA
The 29th Annual Texas Jail Association Conference will be held at the Renaissance Austin Hotel from the May 11th to the 15th.
The registration deadline is the April 27th, 2015
Registration fees are as follows:
TJA Member - $190
Non-member - $220
Late Fee - $38
Click here for more information
Victim Support Europe's Annual Conference 2015 “Victims of Crime in Europe: the future is now!” which will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, from 13 to 14 May 2015.
This year will be especially relevant as Victim Support Europe and the Portuguese Association for Victim Support’s (APAV) both celebrate their 25th anniversary.
The Conference will bring together Member States’ representatives, judicial practitioners, State authorities, academics and victim support practitioners to discuss in particular the difficulties and successes in the implementation of the EU Directive on victims’ rights and to reflect upon developments in the field of victims’ rights and the challenges that remain to be addressed.
For more information please visit http://www.cepprobation.org/news/116/1207/annual-conference-2015-%E2%80%9Cvictims-of-crime-in-europe-the-future-is-now%E2%80%9D-lisbon
Hilton Columbus Polaris, Columbus, Ohio USA
The Association of Paroling Authorities International (APAI) is proud to present its 2015 Annual Training Conference, May 17 – 20, 2015 in Columbus, Ohio at the Hilton Columbus Polaris.
* To educate paroling/releasing authorities about research, current topics and practical information to improve professional skills.
* To provide an opportunity to network with colleagues in the field of parole/early release.
* To promote the power of creating and sustaining partnerships with agencies, institutions, not-for-profit organizations regionally, nationally and internationally.
* Parole and Releasing Authority Chairs, Members and Staff
* Key Staff Professionals in Institutional Parole Agencies
* Parole Analysts and Hearing Examiners Probation and Hearing Officers
Federal, State and Local Judges
* Criminal Justice Professionals with Job Focus in Parole and Release
For more information about this event, including the program agenda, lodging rates and registration fees visit the APAI website http://www.apaintl.org/conference/
Centre for Legal Studies and Specialised Training, Barcelona Spain
The European Organisation of Prison and Correctional Services (EuroPris) in cooperation with the International Corrections and Prisons Association (ICPA) and the Confederation of European Probation (CEP) will organise on 27-29th May 2015 the first Global Corrections Digital Technology Conference, ‘Technology in Corrections: Challenges for the Future’ and will be hosted by the Justice Department, Government of Catalonia.
Close to the famous Arc de Triomf and Place Catalunya, the conference venue is located at the Centre for Legal Studies and Specialised Training, in the centre of Barcelona.
The aim of this conference is to:
• Challenge the private sector to develop innovative digital solutions for use in corrections to address issues facing prisons and probation today;
• Provide networking opportunities for technology experts in the corrections arena;
• To promote the use and implementation of advanced Digital Technology Solutions in corrections.
For more information go to www.corrections-technology.com
This Conference is organised by the Central Training Centre of Prison Service and the professional publishing house Euro-Media.
It is aimed for all those interested in the subject of technical security in public facilities and is an opportunity to exchange opinions on legal and functional requirements that challenge the use of technical security and solutions in prisons and custodies.
The application deadline is the 15th of April
The Conference languages are Polish and English
For the Conference agenda, registration form and additional information click here
All guests will be provided with accommodation, catering and airport transfers. For more information regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Oceanfront Hilton - Daytona Beach, Florida USA
The Corrections Technology Association (CTA) is pleased to announce a very exciting and content-rich conference designed for technologist in the corrections industry. The theme of this year’s technology summit is “All Systems Go” as we take Corrections Technology to an all new high!
The CTA Summit 2015 is being held May 31 – June 3, 2015 at the beautiful Oceanfront Hilton in Daytona Beach, Florida, United States. This three day, multi-track conference will bring together an elite group of Chief Information Officers, IT Managers, and industry vendor partners for an intensive learning experience. Through lectures, workshops, vendor partner demonstrations, TED style presentations, and group discussions, we will examine some of the newest technical solutions available in our industry. You can count on an intensive, in-depth immersion in the latest and the greatest in the Corrections Technology domain.
CTA would be delighted to have you join us in Daytona Beach this year. This is an open event, and we welcome all persons who are interested in learning more and contributing to the Corrections technology arena. The CTA Board has set an aggressive goal this year to have representation from all 50 States and Canadian Provinces. To encourage attendees to register early, CTA is offering an Early Bird offering of $350 if you register before March 31st. After April 15th, registration increases to $375.
Conference registration includes:
* Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall
* Attendance to all sessions including workshops and CTA/TED talk presentations
* 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches
* Refreshments for breaks in Exhibit Hall
* Luau reception
The CTA Board looks forward to your participation!
For more information regarding the CTA 2015 Summit, registration and information
For questions, please e-mail CTA2015@correctionstech.org
Be sure to follow CTA on twitter @CORRTECH2015 and #CTA2015.